Squidoo! A Funny Sounding Website that means BIG Business for You! (Part One)
Squidoo! A Funny Sounding Website that means BIG Business for You!
There's a relatively new kid in town that you should meet. The name's Squidoo and yes, that’s the real name. And Squidoo means business. In fact, it could mean BIG business for you!
How so? Well, let’s start by explaining what you can do with Squidoo:
- You can easily create large numbers of high quality, content-rich, targeted pages which link directly to your website from an authoritative domain.
- You can drive highly targeted traffic directly to your website.
- You can sell your products.
- You can sell other peoples products (and pocket a referral fee, of course)
- You can build your e-mail list.
- You can build your brand.
- And much, much more!
What’s more, it’s all free. Yup, doesn't cost you a dime.
Have we piqued your curiosity? Thought so!
What is Squidoo? ...and why the strange name?
Well, we can't really tell you why Squidoo has such a strange name, although we imagine that it’s probably on purpose. After all, Squidoo’s creator Seth Godin is the author of several books, one of which is titled The Purple Cow. Perhaps he likes strange animals. Whatever.
Be that as it may, by whatever name it's called, Seth has created an interesting site worth spending some time understanding exactly how it can be used to your search engine marketing benefit. Perhaps the best explanation that we can offer is that Squidoo is a site which makes it easy (real easy) to quickly create almost any type of page that you want online.
You want to add a RSS feed to your page, no problem — a few clicks of your mouse and you're done. You want some pictures, also easy. How about video? No problem! Products, text, links, polls, user comments — it's all built in. And it's ...