Topics Covered in this Notice
- What Personal Information About Customers Does Planet Ocean Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Planet Ocean Share the Information It Receives?
- What About Information Security?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information Does Planet Ocean Gather?
The information we gather helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at all of Planet Ocean's domains. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on one of our Web sites or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to utilize some of the features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your transactions with us, improving our sites, and communicating with you.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide personalized features.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Planet Ocean membership sites' coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Planet Ocean Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. However there may be instances where we are required by law or other mandate to share information in such cases as:
- Protection of Planet Ocean and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Planet Ocean, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What About Information Security?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
SearchEngineNews.com may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Which Information Can I Access?
If you choose to enroll as a member to any of our sites, you will be provided the means to view and change any personal information stored with us.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information although doing so might prevent you from becoming a member, completing a transaction, or utilizing a feature or function of Planet Ocean's membership sites.
- If you become a member of SearchEngineNews.com or seoINsites.com, you can add or update certain information on your personalized page within our Membership Center. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
Information You Can Access
All enrolled members of SearchEngineNews.com or seoINsites.com, you can easily access up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, phone number) and payment settings on their own personal accounts.
Any Further Questions on Privacy Issues can be directed to: Customer Service