Featuring John Mueller Q&A - Topics Include...
The Latest Office Hours Digest featuring John Mueller
Highlights From John's Most Recent Q&A Sessions
lightly edited for clarity
- Why don't the metrics on my webpage reports match?
- Are rankings affected by linking out to unsecure sites?
- Semantics & Voice Search
- When can you delete your disavow file?
- Using Google Tag Manager to add structured data
- Best way to prevent crawling
- How does Google handle differing attributes for the same URL in multiple sitemaps?
- How to prevent embeds from being indexed individually when using iframes
- Preloading SSL via HSTS
- What to do if you're not ranking for your brand name
Why don't the PageSpeed Insight, Search Console, and Core Web Vitals report numbers match?
Question: When I check my PageSpeed Insight score on my website, I see a simple number. Why doesn't this match what I see in Search Console and the Core Web Vitals report? Which one of these numbers is correct?