The 2017 SEO's Mobile Website Audit Checklist
With the constantly increasing use of Mobile devices and Google's focus on improving search for those devices, it is imperative that we have our web sites in tip top shape for the highest possible rankings and visitor satisfaction.
This Mobile Audit Checklist has been one of our most popular resources to date. Within it you'll find the mobile site issues that we've discovered through countless hours of trial and error, in addition to errors that Google and other search engines continue to warn webmasters about. If you're serious about doing a successful website audit, then each of the items below needs to be reviewed in addition to our main Website Audit Checklist.
We've broken this checklist into 4 different categories:
- All Mobile Sites - A must read regardless of the type of site you have.
- Dedicated Mobile Sites - Dedicated Mobile/Static combinations (m.yourdomain.com).
- RESS Sites - Responsive Design + Server Side, Sites that change content/templates based on user agent.
- AMP Sites - Sites that offer AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages).
All Mobile Sites
1. Check Google's Search Console Crawl Errors for Redirect & 404 Errors
- Review Google's Search Console 'Crawl > Crawl Errors' Report. They have specific sections fo...